GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Irregularity in the procedure of admission and selection of candidates in Multipurpose Health Workers (Female) Course- Instructions - Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (K1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.555 Dated: 7-9-1989
From the Director of Medical Education, Letter No.
APNMC/MPHW/6579/89-1, Dated 20-7-1989.
* * *
The Government hereby approve the uniform instructions and guidelines submitted by the Director of Medical Education for admissions and selection of candidates in Multipurpose Health Workers (Female) Courses conducted in the State by the various Private/Government institutions as detailed in the annexure to this order.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
G. KUMARASWAMY REDDY,
Secretary to Government.
Director of Medical Education, Hyderabad.
Copy to the Registrar, Andhra Pradesh Nurses and Midwives Council,
//Forwarded : By order//
Instructions and guidelines, to all Private/Government Teaching institutions for admission and selection of candidates in the State.
1. A Selection Committee for each M.P.H.W(Female) School Shall be constituted with the following members for the selection of candidates on merit basis duly following the rules of Reservation etc., prescribed by Government for each admission.
a) District Medical and Health Officer
b) Principal of the training school
c) Medical Superintendent of the school concerned
d) Representative of the management of the school
Registrar, A.P. Nurses and Midwives Council
(as per G.O.Rt.No. 623 M&H (K1), dated 11-4-1985)
2. A) The Rule of Reservation should also be followed for admission of students in each course. 85% of the seats are to be reserved for local candidates and 15% of the seats are un reserved.
B) Rule of Reservation for SC/ST/BC should be followed as per Government Rules.
3. The Selection of Candidates for admission by the Selection Committee shall be on the basis of merit only, strictly according to the aggregate number of marks obtained 10th class or its equalent. The Candidates shall stay in the Hostel compulsorily.
4. The candidate should have completed the age of 16 years and should not have completed the age of 30 years and the above age limits are relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST/BC candidates as per Indian Nursing Council Syllabus.
5. The Comprehensive merit list and the list of selected candidates shall be sent to the Registrar and Deputy Director (MCH Bureau) with the signature of all member of the Selection committee within 15 days of the date of Selection by the Selection Committee.
6. All Recognised Private Training Schools are to admit candidates uniformly in March/April of the year of admission by proper paper publication.
7. The admission should be done after completion of the 11/2 years training course only and should not recruit more than 40 (Forty) candidates. If any school the recruits more candidates they will not be eligible to appear for the common Board of Examinations.
8. The Parent Institutes to which school is attached should have a minimum of 60 Beds.
9. The Ratio of Staff Nurses should be maintained as per Indian Nursing Council Regulations.
10. The qualification of Staff Nurses employed should be Higher Grade Nursing.
// True Copy //