GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Medical education - Constitution of Committee to process the applications for grant of permissions for starting Nursing Colleges, Nursing Schools Multipurpose Health Workers (Female) training Centres, Para medical Training Centres and Physio-Therapy Training Centres ? orders ? Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (M2) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 318 Dated: 29-9-2000
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.267, HM&FW(E1) Deptt., Dt. 14-7-1997.
2. G.O.Ms.No.598, HM&FW(M2) Deptt. Dt. 18-12-1998.
In the G.O. read above, a Committee under the Chairmanship of Justice Sri P. Ramachandra Raju, Retired Judge, High Court of Andhra Pradesh has been constituted with the members indicated therein to undertake the following exercise in respect of establishment of (1) Nursing Schools and Colleges (2) Multi Purpose Health Workers (Female0 Training Centres; (3) Physiotherapy Training Centres: (4) Para-Medical Training Centres and (5) Respiratory Therapy Institutions:-
1. To scrutinize the existing/proposed policies of the Government in regard to the above institutions and suggest necessary changes as may be expedient.
2. The Committee will examine the number of institutions of each category existing in each district and make an assessment of the requirement of additional institutions keeping in mind the question of maintaining regional balance. The Committee will then proceed to publish an advertisement in important national and local news papers calling for applications from interested parties and specify in the advertisement the number of institutions which would be located in each district.
3. They shall also call for applications from interested parties through advertisements published in local and national news papers. They shall also consider the applications pending with the Department along with those received through open advertisement.
4. The Committee shall make it clear in the advertisement that those parties who had already applied should also apply again, if they are interested.
5. The Committee may also consult the guide-lines being followed by Technical Education Department in regard to granting permissions to engineering Colleges, Industrial Training Institutes, etc.
6. The Committee shall scrutinize the applications with reference to the policy guidelines and furnish the list of applications recommended for according permission.
2. The above Committee issued Notification in local news papers and on receipt of applications in response to the notification for establishment of Para-medical Institutions in Private Sector from interested parties scrutinized the same and made recommendations for starting of certain Para-Medical Institutions. However, the number of Para-Medical Institutions to be established as recommended by the above Committee is far less than the actual number of various Para-Medical Institutions Sanctioned to each District in the State. The above Committee was wound up with effect from 30-6-1999.
3. In view of the need to train large number of Para-medical Staff for which a number of Para Medical Institutions are to be established in Private Sector, Government hereby constitute another Committee with Members as indicated below to process the applications received from interested parties for establishment of the above categories of remaining number of institutions and submit recommendations to the Government from time to time for taking a final decision:-
:: 2 ::
1. Justice Sri P. Ramachandra
Retired Judge, High Court of A.P.
of Health Sciences, Vijayawara
3. Project Director, A.P. First
Health Systems Project
4. Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyd. Member
5. Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad Member
6. Commissioner, AP Vaidya
Parishad, A.P., Hyderabad.
Dr. Manimala Rao, Dean of Medical Member
Faculty, Nizam?s Institute of Medical
Dr. Saidulu Reddy, Prifessor of Member
Orthopaedics, Osmania Medical College,
9. Dr. Ch. Surya Prakasha Rao
Prof. of Member
Cardio-Thoracic surgery , OMC, Hyd.
10. Dr. K. Balakoteswara Rao,
Prof. of Radio Member
Diagnostics, AMC, Visakhapatnam.
4. The Government in Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department shall immediately refer the applications which are pending with them to the Committee for taking further necessary action in the matter. The Committee will consider the applications referred to them by the Government and also invite applications from interested parties through open advertisement published in national and local news papers as already indicated in point (3) of para 1 above. The Committee will take necessary action immediately in this regard.
5. The Committee is appointed initially for a period of six months from the data of issue of this order. The Chairman of the Committee will be entitled to perquisites, privileges, etc. as are applicable to a serving Judge of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh. The payment of T.A. and D.A. etc. to the non-official members shall be regulated as prescribed under rule-13, Annexure-VI, under rule-91 of A.P.C.S.(T.A) Rules.
6. The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad will provide all necessary secretarial assistance to the Committee. The Commissioner, APVVP shall also meet the expenses towards the functioning of the Committee including payment of salaries T.A., D.A., sitting fees, etc. from the appropriate Head of Account.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
C. ARJUNA RAO
SPECIAL CHIEF PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Members of the Committee
The Commissioner, AP Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, A.P. Hyd.
Finance and Planning (Fin) Department.
P.S. to M (HM&FW)
D.S to C.M
P.S. to Prl. Secretary (HM&FW)
The Sections concerned in HM&FW Dept.
// Forwarded :: By Order //