GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Medical Education ? Constitution of a Committee to process the applications for grant of permissions for starting Nursing Schools, MPHW (F) Training Centres, Para-Medical Training Centres and Physio-Therapy Training Centres- Orders Issued.
G.O.Ms.No.267 Dated: 14-7-1997
Government have been examining the question of evolving policy guide-lines for establishment of (1) Nursing Schools : (2) Multipurpose Health Worker (Female) Schools: (3) Phisio-Therapy training centers: and (4) Para-Medical training centers, for quite some time now. After detailed examination of the issues involved, Government have prepared the policy guide-lines to be followed while considering applications from interested persons for establishment of the above categories of institutions. In order to bring about uniformity and also to ensure that objective criteria to applied while examining the applications, Government have decided that a Committee be constituted under the Chairmanship of a retired High Court Judge to undertake the following exercise:
2. Accordingly, Government hereby constitute a Committee with Members as indicated below to process the applications received from interested persons for establishment of the above categories of institutions and submit recommendations to the Government from time to time for taking a final decision:-
1. Justice Sri P. Ramachandra
Retired Judge, High Court of A.P.
of Health Sciences, Vijayawara
3. Project Director, A.P. First
Health Systems Project
4. Director of Medical Education, A.P., Hyd. Member
5. Director of Health, A.P., Hyderabad Member
:: 2 ::
6. Commissioner, AP Vaidya
Parishad, A.P., Hyderabad.
Dr. Manimala Rao, Dean of Medical Member
Faculty, Nizam?s Institute of Medical
Dr. Saidulu Reddy, Prifessor of Member
Orthopaedics, Osmania Medical College,
9. Dr. Ch. Surya Prakasha Rao
Prof. of Member
Cardio-Thoracic surgery , OMC, Hyd.
10. Dr. K. Balakoteswara Rao,
Prof. of Radio Member
Diagnostics, AMC, Visakhapatnam.
3. The Government in Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department shall immediately refer the applications which are pending with them to the Committee for taking further necessary action in the matter. The Committee will consider the applications referred to them by the Government and also invite applications from interested parties through open advertisement published in national and local news papers as already indicated in point (3) of para 1 above. The Committee will take necessary action immediately in this regard.
4. The Committee is appointed initially for a period of six months from the data of issue of this order. The Chairman of the Committee will be entitled to perquisites, privileges, etc. as are applicable to a serving Judge of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh. The other members of the Committee who are not in Government service shall be deemed to be members of a first class committee and will, therefore, be entitled to traveling allowance, daily allowance, sitting fee, etc., as are prescribed by Government in the regard.
5. The Commissioner, A.P. Vaidya Vidhana Parishad will provide all necessary secretarial assistance to the Committee. The Commissioner, APVVP shall also meet the expenses towards the functioning of the Committee including payment of salaries TA, DA, sitting fees, etc. from the appropriate Head of Account.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
C. ARJUNA RAO
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Members of the Committee
The Commissioner, AP Vaidya Vidhana Parishad, A.P. Hyd.
Finance and Planning (Fin) Department.
P.S. to M (HM&FW)
D.S to C.M
P.S. to Prl. Secretary (HM&FW)
The Sections concerned in HM&FW Dept.
// Forwarded :: By Order //